Monday, September 24, 2007

Chat Room Lingo Confusing for Sexual Predator For Whom English is a Second Language

I write funny articles for Black20. This is one I'm particularly proud of...


Black20 is a company born and raised in Bushwick, Brooklyn. For those of you not familiar with the area, all you really need to know is the motto: "Bushwick - Where Predators Outnumber Pigeons!"

It's a delightful neighborhood. Broken glass, dime bags, horns blaring at 2 am, swimming pools filled with hypodermic needles, and a f*ckload of pigeons.

Also, nobody speaks English. Now call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I can't help but feel sympathy for my neighbors who need to consult their translation books before shouting, "Give me your purse."

Black20 was recently contacted by a local sexual predator named "Ricardo" who shared with us his frustration about the language barrier, stating, "How is guy like me supposed to get break with girl when I is not know what LOL and JK mean!?!"

We couldn't have said it better, Ricardo. We couldn't have said it better.

The following is an IM transcript between our friend Ricardo and a young girl he was trying to target…

CoolDudePeru: Hello friend!
Janie15f: & u r...?
CoolDudePeru: My name is Joey! I am just a normal teenager American! High school stinks, right?! Wow, I love TV!
Janie15f: umm....
Janie15f: wtf...
CoolDudePeru: Math class is bad, no?! Wow! High fives and juicy fruit!
Janie15f: r u jk?
CoolDudePeru: Huh? No I am Joey! I want to be your cool friend! I have a pool for swim and a video game!
Janie15f: ...
Janie15f: }:|
Janie15f: IDK hoo u r so stop iming me.
CoolDudePeru: I no understand what you mean. But I like to cyber! Hey, so lets talk about cool stuff!
Janie15f: Leeve me alone, u freeek...
CoolDudePeru: Hey! Television! Double Dare! Wow! High fives, no? Right!
Janie15f: OMG!
CoolDudePeru: Dogs and Cats it is raining like, no?! We make cyber love, no!?
Janie15f: ok...
Janie15f: hoo is this? r u pranking me?
Janie15f: wtf?.....
CoolDudePeru: No, friend! I am not wtf, my name is Joey! I am just normal teenager American! I like rocket ships and pizza pies! Tell me about your sex?
Janie15f: lmfao, nice joke, w/e this is...
Janie15f: i'm blocking u...
CoolDudePeru: No! I is come over your house! Please!
Janie15f: l8r weirdo.

No comments: