Friday, June 10, 2011

Why is Peter MacNicol holding so much Spam?

Do you remember the beginning of Sophie's Choice? Peter MacNicol is carrying several cases of Spam on his shoulder. Why is this? Do they ever explain it? I tried searching for a screen shot but google doesn't understand what I mean by peter macnicol spam, and I'm not gonna try very hard here because really this is irrelevant. My point is - the spam thing ruined the whole movie for me.

I found a sublet for my apartment. Problem solved. Onto new problems, whatever they may be. In a few weeks I'll be back in Brooklyn. Apparently I migrate from season to season like the landless illiterate nomads I descended from. In the words of All Of Them, "Weeeeee!"

But seriously, if you know about the spam thing, please comment.

3 comments:

Elaine Carroll said...

Very. Thank you.

Galen said...

I just watched this not tooo long ago, Spam was a popular meat (believe it ever or not) and canned anything was such a novelty, but this is just pure speculation, but that it was a favorite snack of his for some reason since he was from the south, and some weird way to put product placement in a movie.

Regardless, the movie is fantastic <3

Hope the move goes great, and seriously miss your great work that is VMK, come baaaack love <3

Elaine Carroll said...

But he's holding SO. MUCH. SPAM. I mean, no one can possibly eat that much Spam, especially not Peter MacNicol.