Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So I think the distinction is this...

This blog will be for personal stuff, and my tumblr will be for career-y stuff. However I'm going to break that rule right now by posting something career-y, a link to an interview I did on the Daily Br!nk, because I emailed it to my mom earlier today and she responded with this...

Elaine, I think I realize why you like comedy so much. You have a mom with no sense of humor who was raised in an overly strict Catholic environment. Thank God for comedy because if we didn't laugh in this world so full of wars and hatred, we'd all go crazy. I don't mean to send such a heavy message, but we need laughter and comedy as a means to cope with negativity. I admire Aunt Vicki because she has a great sense of humor. How I wish I had her personality. She can joke about her job testing urine and other bodily fluids, a job which I would hate but which she does with humor and dedication. Whatever we do in life, it's much better if we do it with humor. In your case, you're devoting your whole career to it. I hope you continue to grow with VMK and can start up other creative projects in the future. Love, Mom

The truth is, my mom is unintentionally hilarious.

No comments: