Thursday, November 4, 2010

Facebook

A lot of strangers write on my wall these days. Today I was tempted to write "Who dis" under every single post from a person I didn't know, but I couldn't decide if that was rude or funny or both so I just said fuck it and I went out and did a bunch of things.

I watched "Lolita" for the first time last night. I was not expecting it to be as funny as it was. I laughed out loud when they were at that hotel, and Humbert and the Bell Hop guy tried to set up the extra bed without waking Lolita. They can't get the cot to stay open, it keeps snapping shut, Venus fly trap-style, resulting in a lot of slapsticky things. And it goes on for such a long time! My god! Two grown men doing summersaults on a cot in a dark hotel room. In silence. For like 3 or 4 minutes. Then when Humbert finally gets it flat by laying on it, the legs collapse.

So satisfying.

No comments: