Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 2009


This time, last year. Took a bunch of these. Sam's camera.

This past week I improvised with Larry David and went on a thousand auditions. Well, 4 but, it felt, well, I mean. I liked improvising a lot and it made me wish I did it more. If anyone wants to put me on a practice group, yes. Also I'm back on a Maude team. Also VMK is doing well. All of this is great and makes me feel happy and blessed. Gratitude.

The first time I came to California, I was in 2nd grade. Dad had a business trip to Palm Springs, which was rare since he's in the cookie business and mostly traveled to places like Iowa. He took the whole family. It was my second time traveling via airplane. I remember the family couldn't sit together for some reason. I remember being floored at how brave my sister was, volunteering to sit by herself. The first morning I woke up in California it was literally like Dorothy throwing open the door to Munchkin Land. After Palm Springs we went up to Lake Tahoe for some skiing. Sue and I kept calling it Lake Taco because that's hilarious.

I wish I could Skype with Mr. Hammers. Sometimes I want 5 kids and sometimes I want ZERO in all caps. No middle ground there.

No comments: