Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cheers

When I was six I fell out of the tree in my backyard. I wanted to impress the kids by swinging from the High branch. If you know anything about the climbing tree in my backyard, you'll know that swinging from the High branch was like kiiind of a big deal. Anyway, I fell and landed flat on my back and couldn't get up. I remember laying on the ground, looking up at the sky and thinking, very calmly and clearly, "Huh, interesting, so this is it, I guess, this is how I die."

The other kids ran and got my dad and he came and picked me up and carried me into the house. Later that day I woke up on the couch in the TV room. My dad was on his chair. Cheers was on TV. I laid on the couch and watched Cheers with him. I think about this every time I watch that show.

Cheers was great. 11 seasons and it never got bad.

No comments: