Sunday, December 18, 2011

Berkeley


Just found this poem taped inside the door of my niece's bedroom closet. It's called Wild Geese by Mary Oliver. My niece Ella is three so I doubt she taped it up there herself. From the look of it, I bet it's been there for years.

Today I...
- ate a lot of chocolate covered pomegranate seeds
- slid down a giant cement slide a bunch of times
- walked through a rose garden
- lost at gin rummy
- won a few games of Egyptian rat screw
- put Ella to bed after reading "Ella Takes the Cake" twice

"Let the soft animal of your body love what it loves" is a great line. Sometimes great lines make me jealous because I wish I wrote them myself, but I don't feel that way about this. I'm just happy it exists. I'm happy it exists in part because my soft animal loves chocolate covered pomegranate seeds and was looking for validation.

Not enough cats.

No comments: