Sunday, January 2, 2011

Things of interest


So the big news is I'm married. We eloped in Vegas on Christmas Day at a place called A Little White Wedding Chapel. No, we weren't married by Elvis, although the couple in line behind us was! Our reverend was named Henry. He was 6'5, with long black dredlocks, and a nice smile. Was it planned? Sort of. Was it fun? Extremely. Did I cry? The whole time. Does being married feel different? Yep. It's great. The whole thing costs $149. They even threw in a free limo ride back to the hotel.

Sam and I will have a "Sorry Mom party" in the spring or summer, probably in New York, giving our friends and family the opportunity to get drunk for free. You should come.

Interesting fact: Sams paternal grandparents, who he calls Mimi and Bapa, also eloped on Christmas Day. They did it because Bapa was going to be shipped off to Germany the next morning. Sam, on the other hand, was not shipped off to war. Instead he won $200 playing blackjack.

5 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

What's really awesome about getting married on Christmas day is that you've only been married for a week but you can already say that you got married "last year" and people who didn't send you a wedding gift because they were too wrapped up in Christmas to notice that you got married will think they need to send you an anniversary present.

Unknown said...

Congradulations! I love VMK I think that its one of the best web video series ever and I watch it dutifully every Tuesday and Thursday! If I don't sound like a suck up now I don't know what does...

Unknown said...

Hey, congrats!

I have a question that's been bugging me for a while - what is the opening "theme" (riff) ditty to VMK?

Elaine Carroll said...

The VMK music is one of those royalty-free production tracks from the internet. I think it's called Creepy Crawler or Critter or something like that.

SavageGrace said...

Congratulations, Sam and Elaine! x

PS: Spent $149 to get a bride AND won $200 at blackjack...? Best. Christmas. Ever! =P